Saturday, February 4, 2012

LOOK! They're BIG Kids Now!...or so they think!

Just some updates and a few funny stories/pics....

Little Miss Mallory is becoming quite the entertainer!  I have already blogged about her ability to say,"duck." Well, she continues to do that MORE, and, if that isn't enough, she has decided to say "dog"....and even make the dog noise. WOOHOO...GO MALLORY! She also LOVE, LOVES, LOVES Faith and Cam's new chairs....she will most definitely be getting one of these for HER birthday. She discovered that she can climb right on up in them herself. We feared that she might topple out and hit her head, so we placed pillows all around.....BUT....uh-oh...it seems that she does take something after her brother and sister....she is as rough as they come. The pillows became a game, and she dived out onto them time and time again!!!  Here is my little princess all dressed up in Cam's chair!


Oh! Mallory is also working on tooth three and four!


Last weekend, I had quite the event with Faith. Faith has been rather clear about her feelings concerning potty training. My feelings are, "Why push her? Pick your battles." I've come to the realization that it just isn't happening. I am hoping that this summer will be perfect timing. I will be home, we won't have to strip off all of the winter clothing, and I will be able to let the roam "freely." So, I was rather surprised when Faith showed some interest in potty-training Sunday afternoon. She was determined that she was not taking a nap....no surprise there. She got up and down....up and down. She told me once that she had to "stink." She's pulled this trick on me once before, so I brushed her off. However, when she got up for the millionth time and had actually done her business, I set in on, "Faith, if you can tell me that you need to go potty, I think that it is time for you to wear big girl panties." She just gave me that look, and I sent her back to bed.  Next thing I know, Faith is in the kitchen looking at me like this....


That's right...that little stinker went into her bedroom and put on every pair of panties that she has! Again, we had a little "big girl panties talk," and I asked her if she wanted to wear them. She shook her head yes!!! I explained the routine of how we were going to have to sit on the potty and so on, and she continued to shake her head yes over and over! I was super proud and excited....she obviously saw the glimmer in my eyes and knew that she was getting somewhere with this....like not having to take a nap. Needless to say, her desire to wear big girl panties dwindled as soon as Cameron got up. That little trickster! Grrrrrr.........


Cameron loves to be like his daddy. He wants to wear a hat like daddy, cologne like daddy, a belt like daddy, AND.....


...obviously deodorant like his daddy. He pulled this stunt one night last week. He disappeared for two second while I was cleaning up and thought it was hilarious.

My babies...they're growing up! We have Mallory reaching milestone after milestone, Faith wanting...or at least tricking me into thinking that she wants to wear panties, and Cameron wearing deodorant!!!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OLHA A SO O ISSU MAIS NA FRENTE ! ATE ABRASOS

    ReplyDelete