Thursday, February 23, 2012

Boys CAN Wear Pink, Too!

Once upon a time, it concerned me that Cameron went for Faith's dolls. I was so paranoid that he would ONLY like dolls and have some sort of identity crisis! Silly, I know! However, I quickly got over it. The child clearly loves tools, trucks, tractors, and the outdoors just as well as any boy....who cares if he likes dolls, too?

Now, I find it amusing that Cameron finds Faith's kitchen just as entertaining as his tool bench. He can iron like a pro and sweep a floor as well as any maid (well...maybe I am exaggerating, here...but he DOES love a broom). I am convinced that this child will grow into a "well-rounded" little man! Seriously, what woman wouldn't want a guy, who is compassionate, domesticated, AND into all of the "guy things." I think that he will follow in the footsteps of his daddy, who is an excellent husband and father!

So, okay. I do draw the line when Cameron wants to wear a bow, because he is convinced that it will make him look "pretty." I explain that "little girls wear bows and boys wear hats."  However, I couldn't resist picking up the cutest collared shirt for him the other day...and...don't judge....it was pink with broad, blue stripes. Personally, I like men in pink....especially my little Cameron. He looks adorable, don't you think?



I showed Cameron his shirt before putting it on, and he was eager to wear it...my kids LOVE new clothes. However, I almost fell on the floor laughing, when (after I put it on him) he claimed looking down at it so innocently, "Taifs (Faith's) shirt." Faith made it even more funny. She pointed at him and said, "Cameron....pinkt (pink)!"

Cameron wore the shirt all day and not another word was said about it....AND...I mean....C'MON....
only a real and true guy can wear pink AND.......



drive a John Deere Gator!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know me!! I LOVE it (and hope it gets passed to Tanner :) )Tanner also loves to sweep and is fasinated with the vacumn and likes to help mommy!I, like you, was kind of worried.BUT the child already throws a ball, climbs on everything, and is as rough and tough as they come! Go Cameron...you are a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete